Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Pet Valu by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Pet Valu which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Pet Valu employees are the key to our successful expansion in North America. As a growing organization our employees apply their creativity and innovative ideas as they take ownership of projects and shine. We pride ourselves in providing an open environment by managing with approachability and providing support to allow for growth and career development. We offer a fast-paced and ever-changing environment while demonstrating the utmost professionalism.
Pet Valu offers a comprehensive rewards program to our employees including an employee discount program, an RRSP program for all employees, special offers on events and services, and a social committee to promote some fun at work. Full-time employees receive employer-paid group health benefits, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible work hours and time-off programs that help balance personal life with work.
We’re Canada’s largest pet specialty retailer, and we’re proud to say we make a big impact by supporting local pet rescues, charities and shelters in communities across Canada and the US. In the past five years we have fundraised $7.12 million for North American animal rescue charities and helped 11,781 deserving pets to find their forever homes. We’ve also partnered with Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides nationally, and are proud to have sponsored many dog guides teams across Canada.
There’s a reason we call our team ‘Pet Experts.’ Our extensive online training programs ensure that our staff are able to provide our customers and their pets with expert advice.
Why Work at Pet Valu?
- Flexible work hours
- Employer paid group benefits and sick days for full time employees
- RRSP program for part time and full time employees
- Internal job postings promoting career advancement
- Employee referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement program for full time employees
- Online Employee Self-service system for a range of resources
- Employee recognition program
- Employee discounts at corporate stores
- Employer sponsored social activities
Apply Online Pet Valu Jobs
You can be a member of Pet Valu family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Pet Valu where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Assistant Facility Manager
The success of Pet Valu is directly attributed to our dedicated and talented team of employees who work hard together with a common purpose, to keep Pet Valu on the leading edge of the pet retail industry.
We are looking for an Assistant Facility Manager to help manage the day-to-day operations of our 155,000-square ft., 40-worker facility in Balzac, Alberta. In a fast paced and expanding market, the Assistant Facility Manager will help ensure the safe, cost-effective, and efficient operation of all areas including bulk and pick & pack picking, receiving, shipping, and replenishing. This position will interact with customers (franchisees and corporate store managers), vendors, suppliers (including 3rd Party Logistics), and other Pet Valu departments. This position is also responsible for overseeing all warehouse activity during the period when the Facility Manager is not on-site.
This position is a contract role to cover a maternity leave and is estimated to be 12 to 14 months in duration..
- Supervises a varying number of Facility Coordinators and Facility Supervisors who support the safe and efficient operation of the warehouse
- Monitors actual picking quotas, accuracy rates, overall warehouse efficiency, and product damages to ensure appropriate levels are maintained.
- Manages and reports daily on picker accuracy and productivity along with weekly KPIs which includes determining weekly volumes, labour costs, tracking order accuracy, cycle counting, and reviewing weekly spoilage data
- Oversees or performs administrative paperwork as required.
- Assesses load capacities to identify cost efficiencies
- Liaises with Billings, Order Desk, Marketing, A/P, Buying
- Trains new drivers regarding delivery routes, appointments, returns, etc.
- Ensures warehouse is operated in a safe manner by adhering to all established policies, practices, and procedures. This includes monitoring and reporting building deficiencies, safety related issues, and merchandise/property security
Experience and Education:
- Post Secondary degree/diploma in a supply chain program or related field, combined with 7 years of warehouse, distribution, and logistics experience, or completion of High School Diploma combined with 10 years of warehouse experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the following:
- supervising staff
- familiar with use of computerized inventory system
- project management and/or continuous process improvement initiatives
- ordering equipment, supplies, and maintenance
- developing and monitoring compliance with SOP’s and KPI’s
- Has completed or be willing to obtain certification in human relations and leadership
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Above average verbal and written communications skills by email, by phone, and in meetings
- Willingness to work both additional and flexible hours necessary to support customer demands
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure and do what it takes to serve the customer
- Communicate effectively with the team of associates in the Logistics & Distribution front office
- Skill in workforce (manpower) and strategic planning
- Ability to lead effective meetings attended by subordinates, peers, and superiors
- Ability to make presentations and conduct guided warehouse tours
Pet Valu Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Pet Valu and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Pet Valu Jobs;