Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Mountain Equipment Co-op by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Mountain Equipment Co-op which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
With every conversation, every piece of advice, every transaction, bike fitting, clinic or event – we bring it. We do everything we can to get people active outside.
Apply Online Mountain Equipment Co-op Jobs
You can be a member of Mountain Equipment Co-op family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Mountain Equipment Co-op where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
MEC stores are more than bricks and mortar. And they’re more than places to buy your socks or a backpack. They’re hubs for the outdoor community. People step through our doors to connect, learn, find gear and get inspired.
As the Assistant Store Manager, you’ll make sure members get personal, exceptional service. You’ll work with the Store Manager to support the staff and ensure the store meets its objectives. You always have the big picture in mind, and you’ll be a strong leader that inspires your staff to grow. You’ll find ways to connect with the community, and will keep the store building and systems in top shape.
You’ll work with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative group that connects people with quality products to encourage active outdoor lives. You’ll always be learning, and there’s a good chance your co-workers will inspire you to try something new, like riding in a Fondo, bouldering or paddleboarding.
What you do:
- Ensure our members receive a high quality and standard of service
- Lead the development of programs and activities, and connect with other businesses in the community.
- Work with the Store Manager to make sure the store meets its objectives in a cost-effective way, and in line with MEC’s strategy, philosophy and values.
- Be a leader, coach and mentor. Working alongside the Store manager, strategize, plan and make things happen to support the store goals and MEC’s goals.
- Clearly communicate and lead change in respectful way that inspires and motivates staff.
- Hire, develop and review store staff, and find ways to make those around you successful.
- Work with the store manager to build and maintain systems to protect MEC assets from theft or damage.
- Keep the store building and facilities safe, clean and looking good.
What you bring:
- Post-secondary education that’s related to this role preferred.
- 3-5 years of management experience in a busy, high-volume retail or service environment.
- Demonstrated skills in employee relations, planning, project management, change management, budgeting and process improvement in a retail setting.
- Exceptional leadership abilities. You’re generous with your knowledge and inspire your team members to grow.
- Experience in merchandising and retail store operations.
- Great communication skills, this goes for both French and English – you listen first, then share knowledge. This goes for both speaking and writing.
- A hard-working attitude. You deliver on what you commit to do, even when no one is watching, and you genuinely like helping people.
- Proven commitment to sustainability and community initiatives.
- Savviness with Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- You’re stoked on something: you love to build trails, log miles, organize hut trips, lean into corners, climb splitters or do something outside every day.
Mountain Equipment Co-op Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Mountain Equipment Co-op and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Mountain Equipment Co-op Jobs;