Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, compliance and governance strategies. We also provide Specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies, health analytics and claims audit services. Product based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
In this role you will have ultimate accountability for the P&L of the Health and Benefits Large Market business for Calgary. As such, you will develop and drive the strategy for penetration of the local markets, serve as senior strategist and client relationship manager for select clients and projects, and lead a team of local consultants in the selling and delivery of work. You’ll also be asked to contribute your thought leadership to the overall development of the Health and Benefits business. This role requires strong collaboration with the Calgary H&B Mid Market Leader.
Member of H&B Regional Leadership Team:
- Manage, support and execute major H&B projects and business development initiatives to retain current clients, expand existing relationships and increase market share. Act as a change agent. Participate on H&B cross functional teams and promote collaboration and teamwork within the office team and division.
Member of Office Leadership Team:
- Work with Market Geography and Region H&B Leader to identify business development opportunities and develop strategic business plans for the LOB that support the practice strategic direction and the local market.
- Initiate and drive new business development opportunities with clients and prospects.
- Cross-Practice collaboration, including strong collaboration with the Calgary H&B Mid Market Leader.
Operations management, P&L responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of plans and budgets, delivering planned performance and ensuring office unit generates revenue, profit and market share growth in accordance with the office LOB profit plan.
People management and development:
Develop and execute on strategic staffing plans, including all people processes e.g., attracting and maintaining engagement and retention of key talent, providing appropriate training and career growth opportunities for all associates, performance management and salary and bonus planning.
Client relationship management and delivery:
Responsible for all aspects of local delivery of Willis Towers Watson products and services for the LOB. Collaborate with CRD Function and H&B Sales and Marketing and IC Leaders to develop local market client strategies to deepen, broaden and build profitable relationships, including the management and deployment of staff to effectively deliver client work.
Work Quality/Manage risk:
Focus on Professional Excellence work quality processes, measures and continuous improvement. Ensure LOB sanctioned tools are used for client assignments.
Subject matter expertise, thought leadership:
Contribute to the development of priority services and consulting processes and demonstrate deep consulting capability in one or more competence areas
Proven track record of success in generating new revenue with new or existing Large Market clients or organizations of similar size as they relate to health and benefits consulting services
Deep knowledge and expertise in health and benefits design and management
Track record of success in managing and expanding large client relationships
Strong experience in leading and developing teams of consultants
Proven ability to establish relationships and work collaboratively with team members in other practices and at all levels to effectively sell and deliver on client needs
An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
Interest and aptitude in keeping abreast of latest developments in health care and benefit trends and contributing to the development of new tools and approaches
Occasional air travel for client meetings or training or seminars may be required
An undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree preferred