Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at TransAlta by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of TransAlta which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Great companies are built by great people, so what does TransAlta look for in people to join our team?
Our corporate culture is one that has been cultivated throughout our more than 100-year heritage of pioneering innovative ways to safely generate reliable, responsible and affordable electricity. It is the power of our values that connects us as a team, and we aim to acquire talent that aligns well with our core values.
Work ethic is one thing, but in addition, a TransAlta team member drives for results by taking accountability for his or her work. We take pride in our workplace where we are loyal to one another and respectful in our working relations. Integrity is the foundation of our business and through our employees’ leadership, TransAlta will lead the way to a clean power future.
Our people enjoy:
- Competitive pay, benefits, vacation plans and personal days
- Retirement plans
Apply Online TransAlta Jobs
You can be a member of TransAlta family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application TransAlta where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
TRADER, EAST CASH
TransAlta is currently looking to hire a Trader, East Cash, reporting directly to the Manager, Term Trading & Analytics, East. This position is core to the East Term desk progress in driving speculative trading ideas and risk. This role will focus on speculative power, gas, and options strategies in cash markets through the prompt two months.
- Accountable to have speculative focus on PJM/MISO/ISONE
- PnL target of $3m annually
- VaR allocation of up to $500k
- Tenor limited to balance of the month + 2
- Accountable to act as analyst for new business lines and structured transactions
- Accountable to research fundamentals and develop trade ideas in power and gas
- Accountable for position back up of managers
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, or Mathematics
- 5+ years related market and trading experience
- Strong knowledge of ISO markets, power generation fundamentals, fuels, FTRs/congestion
- Ability to process information and make decisions quickly
- Strong background in modeling commodities derivatives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate strategy, risk, and deal execution to peers and management
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently use time for research, analysis, and professional development
TransAlta Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for TransAlta and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for TransAlta Jobs;