Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Thomson Reuters by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Thomson Reuters which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
We have four major office locations, two in Toronto, including our Bay Street location in the heart of the city’s Financial District and two in Montreal, including our newest and most modern location in the heart of Montreal. Canada is well-represented by the Legal, Tax & Accounting, and Financial & Risk divisions of Thomson Reuters, and the majority of our colleagues represent our Sales and Technology functions.
Here, you will experience a culture of excellence, which fuels innovation and collaboration. We believe what you do matters and we understand and appreciate that people make the difference. When we ask both new and long-term employees what they like most about our business they say, “it’s about the people and the culture.”
Apply Online Thomson Reuters Jobs
You can be a member of Thomson Reuters family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Thomson Reuters where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Lead Cloud Engineer
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Take lead on closely with architects to develop and build complex cloud services and capabilities that meet the needs of Thomson Reuters product development groups
- Drive interactions with our community of technologists to describe & own the work produced by team
- Ongoing support and development of cloud services including working with Thomson Reuters product development groups to build cloud aware applications
- Develop automated processes to prevent, identify and fix problems that impact service availability
- Develop, document and operate toolkits for the provisioning and managing of cloud infrastructure
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and how new technologies can be leveraged to meet business objectives
- Work as part of a larger SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team to provide operations support for our AWS & Azure accounts
- Identify and deliver improvements across a broad range of areas such as cost savings, security, ease of use & reliability. Take ownership of these and drive to completion.
Leadership & Communication (25%)
- Lead a local team to deliver business unit priority work
- Help to identify and champion priority workloads with the wider Cloud organisation
- Run SCRUM session with local team and participate in wider team direction setting
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal customers, management and other Enterprise Cloud teams dispersed across the globe
- Collaborate with product develop teams to translate high level technical requirements and in turn define infrastructure changes
- Participate in meetings with internal customers and effectively negotiate expectations
- Provide metrics around reliability, stability and performance of our infrastructure
- Set individual & team goals that are consistent with business goals.
Business Acumen and Strategy (15%)
- Develop a broad knowledge of Thomson Reuters business strategies and product portfolio
- Innovate new and improved uses of technology to meet business objectives
- Understand the impact of new technologies and their technical impacts to supported systems
- Collaborate with peers, architects and managers to understand strategy and how best to operationalise it across the cloud environments
- A four-year degree or equivalent preferred plus 3 years in related work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years related technology experience
- Experienced in leading cross functional teams
- Proved track record of delivering goals
- Experienced in writing clean code in Python
- Knowledge of these public cloud service providers: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Experienced in automating software build, deployment and server configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Jenkins & Git
- Knowledge & Experience of modern agile development methodologies
- Exposure to DevOps practices and automation of software testing, delivery and infrastructure changes
- Strong passion for technology, a willingness to learn new skills and the ability to evangelize the uses of cloud services
- Self-motivated and self-directed, ability to translate technical direction into functional solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to investigate complex issues spanning multiple technologies and drive to completion
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in writing clean code in other Object Orientated languages: Java, C#, Ruby…
- Experience in developing IaaS development toolkits
- Experience in working as part of an existing Site Reliability Engineering team
- Experience with any public or private cloud technologies/services
- Expertise in Windows and Linux system administration, databases (relational and NoSQL) and networking infrastructure and services (routing, switching, DNS, NTP)
Thomson Reuters Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Thomson Reuters and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Thomson Reuters Jobs;