Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Thinking Capital by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Thinking Capital which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
What’s ‘LIFE’ like at Thinking Capital?
We have a saying; fail fast, but don’t make the same mistakes, twice. Dynamic, energetic, eccentric big thinkers, we are an action-oriented team. We use technology in new and exciting ways, thinking beyond what the status quo tells us. Think we can help you achieve your career goals?
BE LIMITLESS & INSPIRED
Thinking Capital is a fast-paced, high growth and innovative financial company. Our team is filled with talent that produces results, are creative, yield “out of the box” mentalities and thrive on challenge. We are looking for equally passionate people that want to thrive in what they do and want to have a fun workplace to do it. The path to success takes many forms; think of a way and we will help you get there
Apply Online Thinking Capital Jobs
You can be a member of Thinking Capital family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Thinking Capital where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
About the company:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, we are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit www.thinkingcapital.ca
Lead by the Payroll Specialist, the Payroll Administrator is responsible to prepare the bi-weekly payroll and ensuring that all salaries and wages are paid accurately and in accordance with the regulations. Working closely with the Sales department, the Payroll administrator will compute the Share of Profit on a bi-weekly basis as well as calculate Manager and Executive bonus.
- Compute bi-weekly Share of Profit and ensure proper approval;
- Compute any bonuses to be paid out as per schedule;
- Together with the Payroll Specialist, prepare the bi-weekly payroll;
- Ability to work with sensitive information;
- Address team members with any payroll and benefits inquiries;
- Collaborate with Talent to ensure information properly transmitted accurately and up to date;
- Help with onboarding new employees, including ensuring required documents are properly completed and signed;
- Creation of ad hoc payroll reports;
- Prepare monthly journal entries;
With the assistance of the Payroll Specialist, develop best practices for processes for both payroll and benefits;
- Help with year-end reporting and filling;
- Other duties as required to assist the team.
Apply if you have the following skillset:
- 2+ years experience in payroll;
- Good knowledge of accounting;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Bilingual (spokend and written) in both English and French;
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is an asset;
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner;
- Strong organizational skills; Attentive to details;
- Ability to work with sensitive information;
- Ability to prioritize and deliver among numerous pressing tasks.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). For more information take a look at our career page!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony;
Thinking Capital Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Thinking Capital and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Thinking Capital Jobs;