Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Sheridan College by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Sheridan College which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Join a team of dedicated professionals who believe in what they do.
Thank you for your interest in working at Sheridan!
We offer our employees a stimulating environment that encourages innovation, values the diversity of individuals and ideas, and promotes individual professional development. We rely on the talent and contributions of our staff to realize Sheridan’s strategic goals.
Apply Online Sheridan College Jobs
You can be a member of Sheridan College family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Sheridan College where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Payroll Associate (Temporary)
The position reports directly to the Manager, Payroll and is responsible for the accurate and timely entry of newly hired Part-Time Support and Student employees, along with Part-Time, Partial-Load, Sessional and Faculty of Continuing and Professional Studies (FCAPS) instructors for an assigned set of employees. In addition, the Associate is responsible for keying all Academic Non-Teaching, special payments and other non-employee payments. The Associate enters and/or audits payments and deductions for all FT & PT Sheridan employees as part of the bi-weekly payroll. The incumbent is also responsible for running a variety of post-payroll reports, reconciliations and remittances, including (but not limited to) the calculating and remitting of statutory deductions, union dues, RRSPs, garnishment & family support orders, Records of Employment (ROE) generation and part-time pension enrolments.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Using PeopleSoft (PS) HRIS software for accurate and timely entry of payroll related information; Creating, maintaining, and adapting employee records for all employee and non-employee payments;
- Review and analyse documentation provided by internal stakeholders (e.g. Admin departments, Faculties, HR representatives, etc.) to ensure completeness, compliance and accuracy; liaising with internal stakeholders;
- Providing guidance to timekeepers on the purpose and proper completion of the new hire paperwork;
- Entering and verifying payroll transactions to ensure earnings and applicable fringe benefits are accurately distributed to respective budget accounts;
- Identifies, investigates and corrects discrepancies in a timely manner;
- Performing manual calculations to verify that changes in payroll records are yielding the correct results;
- Using queries for post-payroll reporting , reconciliation and preparing cheque requisitions for the remittance of statutory and voluntary deductions;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a 2 year diploma in Human Resource Management, Accounting/Finance or related field, as well as possess the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation from the Canadian Payroll Association, and have a minimum of 3 years of payroll processing experience on an in-house computerized HRIS (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience). The successful candidate will be well versed in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook and have advanced Microsoft Excel skills (experience using Macros will be considered an asset). Thorough and current knowledge of Revenue Canada regulations pertaining to payroll is necessary. Knowledge and experience with accounting principles, mathematical calculations, and General Ledger cost accounting and distributions will be considered an asset as will knowledge of PeopleSoft Time & Labour module. Experience interpreting collective agreements is preferred. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot payroll issues within a decentralized time entry environment. Excellent oral and written communication and developed interpersonal and organizational skills are essential. Must be professional, able to maintain confidentiality and thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
Sheridan College Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Sheridan College and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Sheridan College Jobs;