Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Rakuten Kobo by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Rakuten Kobo which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
We are a company built by booklovers for booklovers. We believe people should be able to read anywhere in the world, on any device, and in any language.
With a growing catalogue of millions of titles in 97 languages, Kobo is a truly global eReading service for booklovers of all kinds, in every part of the world.
Apply Online Rakuten Kobo Jobs
You can be a member of Rakuten Kobo family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Rakuten Kobo where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Sr. Software Developer, Big Data
Rakuten Kobo is a global online e-book retailer with a passion for improving the reading experience. Our Big Data team works on optimizing our in-house search, recommendations, analytics, and content processing platforms.
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Big Data team. The ideal candidate has strong software design and programming experience, expertise in machine learning and Big Data technologies, and strong communication and management skills.
You will be part of a diverse, flexible, and collaborative environment where you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge working with unique data and exciting applications.
- Design and develop backend services to store and process data in new ways.
- Build, optimize, and deploy production-quality code based on our search, recommendations and content analysis research projects.
- Build on frameworks such as Hadoop, Storm, Flume and Hive to implement software pipelines.
- Integrate with 3rd party and other in-house teams’ APIs.
- Architect and design new software services.
- Provide leadership on many levels both inside and outside the team
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5 years or more experience with multiple mainstream programming languages such as Python, Java,
- C++, C#, Ruby, Go, etc.
- Expertise in designing, implementing, testing and deploying software solutions.
- Comfort operating on the command line in Linux.
- Experience working with SQL. Advanced knowledge is a plus.
- Experience working with distributed Big Data tools such as MapReduce/Hadoop, Storm, Hive, Flume,
- HBase is an asset, but is not required.
- Machine Learning, Statistics, or related knowledge is an asset.
Candidates will be required to complete a coding test as part of the interview process.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Rakuten Kobo Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Rakuten Kobo and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Rakuten Kobo Jobs;