Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at National Defence by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of National Defence which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Apply Online National Defence (CAF) Jobs
You can be a member of National Defence family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application National Defence where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Aerospace Engineering Officer
Aerospace Engineering Officers are responsible for all aspects of the engineering, maintenance and management of military aircraft; and all of their support equipment and facilities during military operations.
The responsibilities of the Aerospace Engineering Officer are to:
- Manage and supervise the personnel and resources required for the servicing, inspection and repair of aircraft
- Oversee designing, developing and testing new systems and modifying existing ones or for conducting the life cycle management of aircraft and air weapon systems
- Participate in the formulation of plans, policies, standards and specifications for present and future military aircraft and their support equipment and facilities
- Provide technical advice on aircraft operation
Aerospace Control Operator
Aerospace Control Operators operate radar, computer, communications and other sensor systems for the surveillance and control of airspace.
The Aerospace Control Operator controls and coordinates the movement of military and civilian air/ground traffic at Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) aerodromes and tactical units. The primary responsibilities are to:
- Operate command and control systems
- Provide ground control instructions to aircraft and vehicular traffic operating on the ground and flight advisory to aircraft
- Receive, relay and record flight plan information
- Interpret weather reports
- Maintain records
- Respond to emergency situations
Communicator Research Operator
Communicator Research Operators intercept and analyze electronic transmissions, including foreign communications. They also protect Government of Canada computer networks.
A Communications Research Operator has the following responsibilities:
- Collect, process, analyze and report on electromagnetic activity on radio frequency, using highly sophisticated equipment
- Manage and protect computer networks
- Ensure information technology is secure
- Use and maintain classified publications
National Defence Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for National Defence and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for National Defence Jobs;
Am I eligible?
Let’s start with the basics. To start a full or part-time career in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) you must:
- be a Canadian citizen
- be at least 18 years old (17 years old with parental consent), except:
- For the Paid Education programs—you may be 16 years old (with parental consent)
- For the Primary Reserves—you may be 16 years old (with parental consent) and must be enrolled as a full-time student
- have completed at least Grade 10 or Secondaire IV in Québec (some jobs need higher levels of education)
You can submit your application even if you are not sure about the job-specific requirements. Once we get your application, we’ll work with you to determine if you qualify. If you have questions at any time throughout the process or you’d like to know which part-time jobs are available in your area, you can speak to a recruiter.