Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Ministry of the Attorney General by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Ministry of the Attorney General which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
OCAA/ALOC Members: Applicants should forward their resumes via email to the address identified on the job ad. Please note the job ID in the subject line of the email. If a lawyer is applying to more than one competition, a separate email and resume for each competition should be submitted with the job ID on the email subject line.
MANAGEMENT and EXCLUDED Counsel competitions can be found on both the Internal and Public OPS Careers Websites. Filter using Legal Services in the Job Category field to see all current Lawyer/Counsel competitions.
Apply Online Ministry of the Attorney General Jobs
You can be a member of Ministry of the Attorney General family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Ministry of the Attorney General where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Assistant Crown Attorney
What can I expect to do in this role?
Your duties will include:
• Performing case management duties to support the efficient prosecution of criminal matters, e.g. screening, disclosure, resolution meetings
• Ensuring timely and comprehensive responses are made to all substantive, procedural and policy requirements in the criminal litigation process
• Performing special justice-related projects and involvement in community programmes as requested.
• Keeping informed on office/regional/divisional/provincial initiatives, protocols and directives and implementing them to ensure consistent practices within the justice system, e.g. Bail Best Practices Protocol, Justice Modernization, Case Management Protocol, Domestic Violence Court Initiatives
• Establishing and maintaining professional relationships and working co-operatively with all members of the Criminal Law Division (management, colleagues and support staff), and with other participants in the justice system for the purpose of enhancing communication between the parties and improving the administration of justice
• Assisting other counsel with prosecutions, research, etc.
• Providing legal support and advice to Justice Sector Partners, such as Police, Victim Witness, Probation and Parole
Our Values: Integrity, Judgment, Commitment, Justice, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration
How do I qualify?
• Membership in good standing as a lawyer with the Law Society of Ontario
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in conducting prosecutions, on behalf of the Attorney General, in the Ontario Court of Justice [Criminal, Youth Court, Provincial Offences Court, Bail Court, including Weekend and Statutory Holiday (WASH) Court] and the Superior Court of Justice
• Experience in prosecutions of a serious and complex nature, including jury trials
• Knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, criminal law procedures, rules of evidence and case law
• Knowledge of the role and function of a prosecutor in the criminal justice system in Ontario
• Experience in case management duties to support the efficient prosecution of criminal matters (e.g. screening, disclosure and resolution meetings)
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
• Demonstrated judgment and analytical ability to determine appropriate legal remedies
• Demonstrated interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Computer Skills and Other:
• Willingness and ability to travel to other court locations to support the prosecution team across the East Region
• Technical skills to work effectively with computer technology and databases made available to professional staff
Ministry of the Attorney General Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Ministry of the Attorney General and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Ministry of the Attorney General Jobs;