McGill University Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at McGill University by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of McGill University which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
McGill University is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was established in 1821 by royal charter, granted by King George IV. The university bears the name of James McGill, a Montreal merchant originally from Scotland whose bequest in 1813 formed the university’s precursor, McGill College. McGill’s main campus is located at Mount Royal in downtown Montreal, with the second campus situated in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, also on the Montreal Island, 30 kilometres (18 miles) west of the main campus. The university is one of two universities outside the United States who are members of the Association of American Universities and it is the only Canadian member of the Global University Leaders Forum (GULF) within the World Economic Forum.
Apply Online McGill University Jobs
You can be a member of McGill University family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application McGill University where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Senior Finance Officer
- Provide accounting services to support the recording and internal and/or external reporting of the University’s financial position, and ensure an accurate reflection of the University’s financial position through the formulation, administration and implementation of generally accepted accounting principles, regulations and controls.
- Lead and supervise a team of 2-4 employees
- Provide guidance and leadership to unit members and other professionals.
- Resource person for Faculty Financial Officers in faculties and other departments on accounting and other related matters
- Participate in establishing strategic direction of the unit and oversee implementation of short and long-term plans required for the efficient delivery of accounting services.
- Advise Controller on development and implementation of policies, processes and guidelines that support unit initiatives.
- Monitor progress and results.
- Deliver or support the delivery of accounting services in situations involving diverse practices and precedents.
- Undertake in-depth analysis of highly complex accounting issues, assess impact to the University/unit, articulate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Ensure implementation of new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the department/unit by keeping abreast of new developments and trends in field of expertise.
- Represent unit at internal and/or external meetings.
- Prepare meeting dossiers for the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) including generating appropriate briefing materials and ensuring appropriate supporting information is provided, including executive-level summary briefings, related narratives and historical information in order to ensure informed and effective meetings;
- Identify and maintain a list of open agenda topics to bring forward to the appropriate meetings for discussion and decision, with the necessary supporting documentation; recording approvals and decisions taken by the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic);
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the schedule of deliverables for the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) such as reports, presentations, speaking notes, major strategic and policy documents and coordinates with the appropriate colleagues to ensure deadlines are met;
- Responsible for budget monitoring and controls for the Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic), conducting monthly reviews of the line-item accounts and capturing and reporting on expenditures, producing Banner reports, and assisting the Senior Director on all budget-related issues.
- Assist the Senior Director in development and managing communications to the University community from the OPVPA, including maintenance or associated websites;
- Assists the Senior Director on special projects and consults on urgent and confidential/sensitive correspondence and high-priority issues, as necessary.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of Annual Fund and $25,000-$99,000 prospects in addition to formulating, recommending and implementing fundraising and stewardship programs to secure gifts for SCS.
- Provide assistance and advice to the University community on all fundraising activities.
- Organize activities to generate maximum benefit for the University responsible for developing and building relationships with alumni around professional and social networks, and building and managing a network of fundraising volunteers.
- Encourage and seek philanthropic support for McGill from alumni, foundations, corporations, individuals, and others.
- Deliver or support the delivery of alumni relations and/or fundraising services in situations involving a variety of practices and precedents in order to meet established faculty/unit plans, priorities and the University’s overall objectives.
- Provide professional expertise and advice to the unit/community regarding alumni relations and/or fundraising activities.
- Undertake in-depth analysis of complex problems/issues, articulate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Develop and implement procedures and/or controls in response to faculty/unit needs and the University’s overall objectives.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new initiatives that support the strategic direction of SCS by keeping abreast of new developments and trends in the field of alumni relations and fundraising.
Academic Affairs Officer
- Oversee an administrative team within the Academic Affairs Office. Translate the vision of the Vice Dean to the team and ensure it is implemented. Assign work and confirm it is accomplished. Provide guidance and support to staff to resolve issues.
- Act as an in-house expert to the Academic Affairs Administrators throughout the Faculty of Medicine (in AECs) on the Tenure and Promotion processes, and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Manage external relations and special initiatives of the Academic Affairs Office.
- Advise Chairs, faculty members and administrative staff with respect to reappointments in tenure track and oversee the administration of the tenure process in the Faculty of Medicine.
- Advise Chairs, faculty members and administrative staff with respect to academic promotions and oversee the administration of and smooth functioning of the Faculty-level promotions process.
- Monitor and report on the terms for the Faculty’s ~70 endowed and named chairs, work with UA on renewing endowed chair appointments to establishing new endowed chairs.
- Oversee the administration of searches for academic leadership positions (Chairs and Directors) ensuring all Faculty and University policies and procedures related to searches are followed.
- Oversee the Faculty’s leadership review process for Chairs and Directors
- Draft detailed letters of recommendation and other correspondence for Vice-Dean’s signature.
McGill University Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for McGill University and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for McGill University Jobs;