Long & McQuade Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Long & McQuade by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Long & McQuade which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
In 1957, the Jacks decided to open up a small retail store on Yonge Street and named it Long & McQuade Musical Instruments. Many existing customer service policies sprang from these early days. The rental program began when the partners decided to start charging their friends for all the instruments they were “borrowing”. The financing program began when a customer asked if he could purchase a drum set but not pay for it all at once. Jack & Jack continued as partners until 1965 when Jack McQuade decided to pursue drumming full time and sold his portion of the company to Jack Long.
Long & McQuade began expanding in 1968 and hasn’t stopped since. Currently there are over 70 Long & McQuade stores across Canada as well as an online store that opened in 2008. The company employs over 1,300 musicians and contracts around 1,000 music teachers across Canada. To this day, the entire company is still 100% owned by the Long family.
Apply Online Long & McQuade Jobs
You can be a member of Long & McQuade family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Long & McQuade where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
• Lessons Teachers work as independent contractors
• The majority of Long & McQuade stores have on-site Lesson Centres that offer lessons in piano, guitar, bass, drums, woodwinds, brass, strings and voice
• Suitable candidates must have at least one of the following:
– a music degree or diploma from a recognized University or College
– a minimum Grade 8 RCM standing with Grade 2 Rudiments
– professional equivalency
• Must have previous teaching experience with all ages of students
• Knowledge and application of standard teaching methods and lesson curriculum in the private or group lesson situation is required
Sales and Rental Associate
• Help our customers through the selling and renting of musical instruments and gear
• Define the individual needs of every customer and match those needs with the right combination of our products and services
• Demonstrate recommended products to customers and explain their features and benefits
• Answer telephone calls in a timely and professional manner
• Follow up on product orders with customers and suppliers
• Use our common sense approach with customers to troubleshoot and solve problems
• Maintain in-depth and current knowledge of our products, policies and procedures
• Attend weekly staff meetings and periodic training sessions
• Merchandise store to create an inviting environment for customers to shop
• Participate in store maintenance, warehouse duties, and other related tasks
• Must be a musician who plays at least one instrument
• Must be able to work weekdays, weeknights and weekends
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Positive attitude and steady composure
• Proven strong work ethic and commitment
• High levels of energy and enthusiasm
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to recommend solutions in a confident and assertive manner
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail
• Previous experience in retail or sales is an asset
Long & McQuade Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Long & McQuade and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Long & McQuade Jobs;