Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at FortisBC by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of FortisBC which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
FortisBC Inc is an electric power and gas distribution/retail company in the Canadian province of British Columbia, a subsidiary of Newfoundland-based Fortis Inc., Canada’s largest private utility company. In March 2011 Terasen Gas, British Columbia’s largest natural gas distributor, was renamed FortisBC Energy Inc., as both companies are owned by Fortis Inc.
Apply Online FortisBC Jobs
You can be a member of FortisBC family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application FortisBC where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Technician/ Technical Analyst
The IT Technician/ Technical Analyst receives direction from the Senior Technical Analyst to proactively head off customer’s technical issues by applying technical expertise to resolve the customer’s IT support request(s).
Provide technical support to end users of the current systems.
•Respond to calls on the support line
•Troubleshoot end user problems (hardware and company standard software)
•Perform upgrades, installations, preventive maintenance tasks
•Repair computer software and/or hardware and work with external vendors to obtain repairs when necessary.
Set-up/deliver PC equipment, dispose of excess surplus equipment.
Track work performed in problem management system, prepare progress reports, administer and maintain corporate workstation assets.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company’s computer systems.
Manage multiple resources, task breakdown, and delegation and set milestones.
Estimate/manage/complete a series of tasks required for a simple project.
Customer Service Representatives
Please submit your application online as soon as possible to ensure you will be considered.
– Attends to inbound and/or initiates outbound contacts to current or potential customers for new and existing services related to full meter to cash cycle including but not limited to, billing, account and collections information and the promotion of products, programs and services including upgrading existing products and services. Captures information related to reported payments and promises to pay and makes payment arrangements on overdue accounts.
– Processes new customer applications, existing customer moves, designated payment plan enrolments including cancellation and/or changes to equal payment plan and/or direct debit payment plan. Collects and records customer information including customer identifiers, credit details, emergency contact information, co-tenants, appliances used, etc.
– Responds to requests regarding rate changes, high bills, estimated consumption, field work and meter reading, privacy, energy efficiency programs, collection policies, related tariffs, customer choice program, etc.; explains related policies and procedures including specific terms and conditions of tariffs relating to billing, meter reading and collections.
– Contacts customers and schedules appointments for meter exchanges and other customer service field work including following up with customers on schedule changes.
– Utilizes designated computer systems/software applications to obtain, maintain, prepare and process customer information and requests, initiate field work orders including check reads, meter investigations and reconnection of service. Sends/receives e-mail, navigates through relevant websites and completes forms, etc.
– Resolves customer complaints related to service quality and other related matters including high bills, estimated consumption, collections policies, etc.; gathers pertinent information to identify problems/issues and nature of complaint, records complaint information, attempts to resolve, refers to other departments and/or escalates matter to others.
FortisBC Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for FortisBC and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for FortisBC Jobs;