Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at City of Ottawa by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of City of Ottawa which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
The City of Ottawa is an employer you’ll be proud to work for.
We offer you a rewarding career opportunity to enhance the quality of life of our whole community. Your work will benefit neighbours, local businesses and visitors alike by helping make Ottawa one of the best places in the world to live.
Join us and experience the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work in real-time as you take part in building our great nation’s capital.
Apply Online City of Ottawa Jobs
You can be a member of City of Ottawa family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application City of Ottawa where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Public Training Instructor
Responsible for the delivery of the Ottawa Paramedic Service (OPS) accredited training programs (including: Standard First Aid and/or Emergency First Aid and/or CPR and/or Oxygen Therapy and/or AED courses and/or Emergency First Responder courses).
Education & Experience
Grade 12 Diploma
Minimum of Eighteen (18) months experience in adult education or instruction or within a related field
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Current Ottawa Paramedic Service Standard First Aid/CPR ”C” certification, or ability to obtain within the timeframe determined by the Empployer
- Current Ottawa Paramedic Service AED certification
- Current Ottawa Paramedic Service Oxygen Therapy certification, or ability to obtain within the timeframe determined by the Empployer
- Current Ottawa Paramedic Service Instructor Standard First Aid/CPR”C”/AED Certification
- Current relevant or equivalent certification as provided by other agencies
A valid Ontario unrestricted “G” class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.
English oral, reading, writing required
- Adult training models, techniques, and practices
- City of Ottawa and Paramedic Service Departmental policies, guidelines and directives
- City of Ottawa Emergency Response procedures
- Current CPR protocols and procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent public relations skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to use audio/visual equipment such as laptops and digital projectors for presentations
- Ability to handle the stress of an emergency situation
City of Ottawa Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for City of Ottawa and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for City of Ottawa Jobs;