Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at City of Calgary by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of City of Calgary which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
City of Calgary employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities that make life in Calgary better every day. If you have a passion for public service and want to make a difference in the lives of Calgarians, then come and work with us. We are committed to work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits.
Apply Online City of Calgary Jobs
You can be a member of City of Calgary family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application City of Calgary where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Applicants who currently work for The City of Calgary should apply using the internal applications process.
Anyone, currently not employed with The City, should apply as follows:
Use our online application system to view and apply for available jobs. Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or otherwise legally entitled to work in Canada (e.g. valid work permit). Follow the application checklist for detailed steps including how to upload a new resume.
Submit a paper copy of your resume
If you are unable to apply online, you can submit a paper copy of your cover letter and resume.
You must clearly display the reference number (Job ID) of the job you are applying for on your cover letter and resume. Applications without a reference number will not be processed.
As a part-time Secretary Receptionist in the Executive Office, Calgary Police Service, you will possess excellent interpersonal skills, work well in a team environment and enjoy the challenges of a busy office. Specific duties include:
- Respond to requests from visitors, staff and sworn members that come via e-mail, phone or in person.
- Greet visitors including sworn and civilian members, members of the general public and media.
- Complete expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Type and edit correspondence.
- Log, sort, record and distribute all incoming correspondence, scan documents.
- Timekeeping, book boardrooms and order supplies.
- Evaluate, format and process requests for entry into weekly All Personnel Memo.
- Coordinate communications related to Ride-Along requests.
- Provide assistance to Administrative Assistants and Legal Counsel for the Chief as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED).
- At least 5 years of related administrative experience in a senior or executive support position.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Previous experience in a law enforcement environment would be considered an asset.
- You achieve results that make the best use of time and resources. Your are a good communicator who is able to build relationships that help with team building and teamwork. You have excellent customer service skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- An enhanced security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
City of Calgary Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for City of Calgary and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for City of Calgary Jobs;