Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at CBC/Radio-Canada by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of CBC/Radio-Canada which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
CBC Radio is the English-language radio operations of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
Apply Online CBC/Radio-Canada Jobs
You can be a member of CBC/Radio-Canada family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application CBC/Radio-Canada where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Customer Service Representative
The customer service representative (CSR), will act as a liaison, provide product or services information and resolve any emerging requests or incidents for customers, including employees, contractors, pensioners or vendors of the corporation.
The CSR is patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative and can put themselves in their customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. The CSR is problem solving and they are confident at troubleshooting and investigate or escalate if they don’t have enough information to resolve the problem.
The CSR strives to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills – verbal and written.
- Listening skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Data collection and ordering.
- Customer service.
- Stress tolerance.
- Manages customer interactions received by phone, email, web-chat or other receiving channels.
- Logs each interaction and subsequent liaisons into the ticketing system and documents all key actions attempted and final resolution.
- Provides accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Assigns tickets as appropriate other support teams based on predefined procedures or through escalation to a subject matter expert, senior support analyst or team leads.
- Identifies and assesses customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction and builds relationships with the customers based on trust through open, supportive and positive communication.
- Works on shift rotation as required by the centre to meet business demands.
- Engages customers, remains positive and takes ownership of each interaction.
- Follows provided corporate policies, processes, guidelines and procedures.
- Participates in a formal learning program aimed to improve subject matter knowledge and complete the program and exam for advancement to CSR-TECH2 level.
As a reporter/editor assigned to CBC Corner Brook, you have a deep understanding of the Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador area and can translate this easily on air. You are committed to staying connected – with news, with trends in the news, the story behind the story and with your audience and your team. You are a smart journalist with an eye for the “big” news and a love for telling the human stories behind the headlines. You are comfortable reporting live and on a wide range of topics where you will connect easily with people from all walks of life. Above all, you thrive in a team environment.
The successful candidate will report for all editorial platforms as needed and should have some familiarity and experience with a MOJO work environment. Your primary focus is to provide content for the morning radio programming.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent.
- Three years’ directly related experience, including proven ability in the field and knowledge of TV, radio and online platforms.
- Excellent reporting and interviewing skills.
- Comfortable reporting live.
- Knowledge of Corner Brook affairs.
- Knowledge of CBC/Radio-Canada journalistic and programming policies.
- Ability to work flexible hours and on weekends as needed.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams.
- Critical mind.
- Experience with FOIPs, data journalism, record searches.
- MOJO skills.
- Proven ability to work in a high-stress, tight-deadline environment.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the public broadcaster’s role and responsibilities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada’s insurance company.
CBC/Radio-Canada Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for CBC/Radio-Canada and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for CBC/Radio-Canada Jobs;