Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Canfor by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Canfor which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Apply Online Canfor Jobs
You can be a member of Canfor family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Canfor where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Log Truck Driver
Canfor is currently seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our team on a Temporary Full Time basis as a Log Truck Driver. This position is to provide medical relief and will terminate upon the return of the incumbent. As a Log Truck Driver you will be responsible for the safe operation of a logging truck within our Kootenay operations.
- Driving for long hours under varying weather, site, terrain and road condition safely.
- Preform pre-trip inspection and complete minor repairs including fueling, lubing and washing truck
- Physically fit with excellent mental focus
- Able to throw minimum of 6 wrappers per load and cinch
- Set and pull stakes and operate trailer hoist
- Hammer mark the loads and tag loads at the scale
- Install tire chains in winter conditions when required
- Speak clearly and concisely when using a radio and communicate with various people throughout the day
- Must Hold Class One Driver’s License
- Must be able to furnish proof of certifications/licenses and provide a drivers abstract
- Available to work a regular shift of Monday to Friday for 8 hours, with regular overtime opportunities.
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Positive attitude and a self-starter
- Able to work in an environment that may include exposure to weather, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts, and noise.
Preference may be given to those individuals with a Level 3 First Aid ticket.
The wage for a Log Truck Driver starts at $32.50 per hour based on the collective agreement. This role is a USW local 1-405 position.
At Canfor, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, MSP coverage, and pension, as well as other benefits as per the collective agreement at each of our mills.
Grow With Us
Canfor provides many different training opportunities for employees to advance and grow within our company. Internal training programs such as Canfor College provide various types of courses for employees across our operations.
With numerous success stories throughout our history of employees starting from humble beginnings within Canfor, and through our promote from within culture many of our employees have had the opportunity to become leaders within the organization. Valuing their contributions, these individuals have brought a significant impact to the way we do business today. At Canfor, the potential for advancement and growth is endless.
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
- Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Canfor Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Canfor and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Canfor Jobs;