Canadian Natural Resources Internal Controls Specialist Job Opportunities
The Internal Control Specialist is responsible for conducting the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting as part of the annual regulatory compliance requirements in Canada and the United States.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of various oil and gas general accounting processes and procedures including production revenue, royalties, marketing, expenditure accounting, and financial reporting. Superior written and verbal communication skills are essential, along with the ability to meet deadlines and manage professional relationships with our management stakeholders.
This role is key to supporting the Company’s annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting as stipulated by National Instrument 52-109 and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) including the following:
• Contribute to the annual risk assessment and analysis of the financial statements and related accounts to determine the scope of the assessment;
• Plan and perform detailed accounting process walk-throughs and control test procedures;
• Provide advisory services related to internal control design and process efficiency and effectiveness;
• Develop and manage relationships with the business stakeholders and the Company’s external auditors; and
• Maintain and enhance documentation of internal controls in support of the assessment.
- Typically 4+ years of related industry experience with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business or related discipline and a professional accounting designation either CA, CMA or CGA
- Experience in assessing internal controls over financial reporting in an oil and gas company and/or public accounting firm;
- Candidates possessing familiarity with and understanding of the following will have an advantage:
- Internal audit experience in a large oil and gas company;
- Relevant auditing standards and regulatory compliance requirements;
- Oracle Enterprise One (JD Edwards), Oildex OpenInvoice, IBM Maximo, Workiva WDesk and Microsoft Office Suite.
Job Application Link: http://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CNRL&cws=1&rid=12553