Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at Canadian Cancer Society by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of Canadian Cancer Society which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
Imagine working for an organization that exists to create a world where no Canadian should have to fear cancer. At the Canadian Cancer Society, our teams include people just like you–dynamic, innovative, empowered, passionate and committed to creating real change.
As Canada’s largest national health charity and the leader in the fight against cancer, the Canadian Cancer Society has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity:
- We spearhead life-saving research. As the largest charitable funder of cancer research in Canada, the Society has invested more than $1 billion in research. This investment has led to breakthroughs revolutionizing the way cancer is diagnosed, treated and prevented.
- We empower Canadians by providing free information and support services to people facing cancer and their families. Since 1996,our Cancer Information Service has helped more than 1million Canadians with their cancer-related questions.
- We lead change for a healthier Canada. The Canadian Cancer Society has been a forceful and persistent voice on tobacco control. Our efforts have led to laws that prohibit smoking in public spaces and workplaces, ban cigarette displays and vending machines and control contraband.
The Society also mobilizes a community of fighters – 138,000 volunteers in Canada – to help deliver programs, organize fundraising events, push change through government and fuel prevention efforts.
All of this is made possible through our fundraising programs and campaigns – such as Relay For Life and Daffodil Month –and the unwavering support of our corporate partners and donors.
The Society will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
Apply Online Canadian Cancer Society Jobs
You can be a member of Canadian Cancer Society family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application Canadian Cancer Society where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Specialist, Digital Content Production
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Engagement the Digital Content Production Specialist is responsible for producing content for owned and occasionally for paid digital channels across multiple levels of the organization to support fundraising activities, donor engagement and retention, as well as promote the organization’s efforts to inspire donors to fund cancer research through the effective communication of mission delivery. The role will also help shape the voice of CCS over digital channels, helping develop processes and protocols around digital engagement at the organization. The successful candidate will help grow the digital engagement activities, work collaboratively across the digital team and the organization to develop innovative ways to tell our story, promote our brand and engage our audience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writes and edits both compelling and technical content for digital channels, including web, blog, email, and social media platforms.
- Helps influence and optimize creative content direction in partnership with the Digital Content
- Strategist, for large national campaigns (CIBC Run for the Cure, Daffodil Month, Relay for Life, Gifts for the Cure) and smaller campaigns as needed.
- Creates, curates and updates digital content in various formats for our campaign websites and for our cancer.ca website, as required.
- Works across internal teams to coordinate content creation and distribution to align with organizational priorities.
- Periodically audits and reviews content on digital channels to determine if updates are required.
- Meets with subject-matter experts for concurrence as to content changes.
- Ensures brand consistency and high-quality writing across various digital channels.
- Optimizes content for paid social media, search engines and lead generation.
- Collaborates with internal teams and actively participate in project briefings.
- Edits images (such as infographics, email templates, landing pages, illustration, photography).
- Captures and gathers dynamic content for video – including the creation and design of video assets to help support our social media and web strategies.
- Tracks and monitors performance for digital and social content projects and provides analytics and reporting as needed.
- Assists with other duties as required including updating event information for Run, Relay for Life and other fundraising campaigns using our online platform Luminate Online.
- Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, and complies with the Society’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University or college degree with 3-4 years’ experience in writing or technical editor role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience creating and curating content for online platforms Storytelling and creativity are a must.
- Experience working with various Content Management Systems.
- Strong understanding of website technology, social and email marketing including SEO, writing for mobile responsive design and AODA compliance.
- Proven working experience in social media, digital and email content creation.
- Deadline-driven multi-tasker with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Basic design skills and knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom or Illustrator is considered an asset
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Must have strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- A team player who values an environment of open communication and collaboration.
Bilingual an asset.
- Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours.
- Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
Canadian Cancer Society Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for Canadian Cancer Society and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for Canadian Cancer Society Jobs;