Canada Post Letter Carrier Job Description
Do you enjoy interacting with customers, being outdoors, getting exercise and want to work for a great national organization? We are seeking temporary on-call Delivery Agents.
Note: Applicants who reside within a 50 km radius of work location are preferred.
Job Duties: An on-call Delivery Agent begins their day in the depot where they sort and prepare the day’s deliveries. Once complete, the on-call Delivery Agent spends a large portion of their day on the streets delivering their routes’ mail and packages by foot or by vehicle to both residential and business customers. While making deliveries, the on-call Delivery Agent acts as an ambassador for Canada Post. Upon completion of the day’s deliveries, the on-call Delivery Agent will return to their depot where they will drop off the day’s incoming mail for sortation purposes for upcoming delivery. Newly hired on-call Delivery Agents will participate in an extensive training program which includes both classroom and on the job training.
Schedule: This is an “on-call” as required position, the employee will be relied on to fill in for permanent Delivery Agents when they are unavailable to attend their regular route. They may be called to fill in for an absence on the same day or scheduled to cover a longer anticipated absence. As an on-call Delivery Agent, employees can expect to be called more frequently from November to March during Canada Post’s busiest time of year. As such, an on-call Delivery Agent is expected to maintain a reasonable level of availability.
Physical Component: The on-call Delivery Agent role is a strenuous position which requires the employee to lift, pull, bend, climb, reach and walk for extended periods of time throughout the day. Additionally the employee is required to lift upwards of 50 pounds and carry 35 pounds regularly throughout the day while enduring winter storms, summer heat waves, and rain storms, while maintaining the expected high standard of customer service to our valued clients on a daily basis.
Your future with Canada Post: In order to obtain a permanent Delivery Agent role with Canada Post, all employees must begin their career as an on-call employee. Canada Post has an established track record of promoting from within, after establishing yourself as an on-call Delivery Agent, employees will be given the opportunity to grow within the organization and obtain a permanent position.
Find All Canada Post Jobs Here; Canada Post Job Application
- Collect, sort, and deliver mail items
- Operate portable communication devices
- Load/unload a Postal Vehicle
- Collect money for C.O.D. and signatures for registered mail items
- Complete reports and documentation
- Communicate with customers and the general public
- Present Canada Post in a professional manner
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Maintain and safe guard all mail items and Canada Post property
- Operate a Canada Post Vehicle
- Maintain a satisfactory safe driving record and the appropriate class of provincial driver’s license
- Lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kilograms (50 pounds) and carry mail items weighing up to 15.9 kilograms (35 pounds)
- Must possess a valid Class 5 or Class G permanent provincial driver’s license.
- For the past 3 years held a satisfactory safe driving record (Driver’s abstract)
- Experience in customer service is an asset
- Experience in a delivery and/or driving role is an asset
Employee Class and Level: LC 01
Canada Post Letter Carrier Salary: Hourly Rate $19.86
How to Apply for Canada Post Letter Carrier Jobs;