Ardene Fit Technician Job Opportunities
WHO WE ARE: Founded in 1982, Ardene has become one of Canada’s premier fashion retailers with over 400 stores in Canada, USA and the Middle East. Through an extensive product mix and continuous commitment to innovation, customer service, fashion and value, we aim to be the fashion value brand leader in Canada and worldwide for fashion accessories, footwear and apparel.
WHO YOU ARE: You are outgoing, highly-motivated and dedicated to the task at hand. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Fashion is not only your passion, it’s your calling.
Reporting to the Fit Manager, you will be responsible for technical aspects of the styles, preparing and organizing fit samples. Making corrections in order to ensure fit and quality standards are achieved and communicating all necessary information within the established timelines. Other responsibilities include:
- Create teck packs for overseas development;
- Educate suppliers in understanding the required pattern-making and construction requisites;
- Develop and implement fit and quality standards by product by category;
- Lead fit sessions with live models;
- Identify and analyze problems, make sound recommendations and take appropriate action;
- Communicate in a timely manner with suppliers any changes, corrections in a clear and concise manner;
- Liaise between designer/coordinator and supplier with necessary updates/ info and delivery risks where applicable;
- Follow-up on the daily communication with suppliers;
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records on sample approvals.
- Diploma in Fashion Design or related field of study;
- 5 or more years of experience as fit technician/patternmaking/grading;
- In-depth knowledge of garment construction and fit;
- Bilingual, with strong spoken and written communication skills in English;
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Outlook and other MS Office applications;
- Knowledge of Illustrator required
- Strong time-management and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to prioritize;
- Great organizational skills and a keen attention to detail a must;
- Ability to foster teamwork and contribute in a team environment;
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible in a multiple-task environment with a sense of urgency to meet development and production timelines
GROW WITH US! Join our dynamic organization by applying today!
Ardene is committed to employment equity. Only those whose candidacy has been retained will be contacted.
Job Application link: https://ardenecareers.mua.hrdepartment.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/27100