Online Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at ALS by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of ALS which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
It’s a great place to work
ALS Limited is one of the world’s leading analytical and testing groups. ALS provides access to growth and development opportunities for all our staff.
We actively contribute in the communities we work in, and believe in protecting our precious environment.
ALS is a company of high performers. If you want to work hard and grow as an individual, we want you to work with us. ALS endeavours to create an environment that will ensure you have a great time, as well as interesting work and making new friends.
Our core values
ALS reputation has been built up over many years based on our values and principles.
At ALS, we uphold the values of:
- Safety as a priority
- Honesty and integrity
- Exceeding client expectations
- Belief in our ability
- Hard work and continuous improvement
- Doing it better
- Celebrating success
Apply Online ALS Jobs
You can be a member of ALS family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application ALS where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
Client Services Representative
About the Position: The successful candidate will work as part of the Burnaby Client Services Team to provide excellent customer service to ALS’ clients and work in a safe manner in accordance with the ALS Health and Safety Program.
- Act as the primary contact for all new client calls and e-mails coming in to ALS Vancouver, including:
- Provide sampling and handling information/instructions to clients;
- Prepare invoices and process payments;
- Prepare sample bottle requests;
- Coordinate all aspects of new client submissions;
- Review and finalize all new client reports;
- Communicate special client requests to staff;
- Familiarity with the Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines and other relevant environmental regulations;
- Enter and update new client account information in Seedpak and SE Admin.
- Act as the primary contact for all internal and external sublet analytical work including:
- Work submitted to/from other ALS laboratories and external lab service providers;
- Provide information/instructions on ALS Vancouver specific analyses;
- Notify other ALS location Account Managers about any sample integrity issues;
- Initiate investigations related to non-conforming sublet data/files;
- Perform data quality reviews as per ALS SOPs and any required data verification processes prior to reporting data;
- Finalize and issue completed data certificates to clients after all data quality checks have been completed;
- Oversee and complete all revisions to ALS Certificates of analyses as required;
- Assist with the coordination/gathering of information required for client Electronic Data Deliverables (EDDs);
- Inform ALS clients and ALS Account Mangers of any unexpected data delays;
- Assist with invoicing, bottle orders, and quality checks (rechecks) as required;
- Assist with ALS quotations and proposals as required;
- Provide assistance and back-up to Account Managers in managing client portfolios;
- Assist Login/Layout with sample receiving, layout, login or other duties as required;
- Act as a back-up for Reception;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Ability to stand for up to a full shift;
- Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
- Ability to use and view a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day;
- Ability to communicate via telephone and e-mail without assistance;
- You may be exposed to unpleasant fumes;
- Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Recognized B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Chemistry (or related Science discipline);
- At least 1 year of experience in Environmental Chemistry or related field preferred
You would also have:
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Demonstrated time management skills;
- Proven ability to work under pressure;
- Organized, detailed oriented and able to work independently;
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal);
- Excellent computer skills
Looking for further details?
- Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online no later than May 9, 2018;
- We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
- For the employee referral bonus program, this position is eligible for a Level A bonus award.
ALS Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for ALS and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for ALS Jobs;